Sammy's Birthday Weekend 2013

My Birthday weekend was so much fun, I had all my girls over for a Wizard of OZ themed dinner party on Saturday night, we had Mexican food and nibbles. Lots of giggles and girly chats, I have a really good group of girls, I am so lucky. It was really nice to have my friend Tiffany with us this year, She has been working in Dubai for the last 4 years and hasn't always been able to make to to all our birthday celebrations, so it was really nice to have her there, and it is because of her that I am friends with some of the other girls too, we have known each other since we were 7, when my family moved in next door to hers. She is one of those people that no matter how long it is between us seeing each other its like we have never been apart.

The Gorgeous Kelly made me an OZ themed cake which tasted as good as it looked!

I have such amazing friends, who gave me such perfect gifts. Of the many Wizard of OZ themed gifts I cant wait to get stuck in to my 'Everything Oz' book, there are some great crafty projects in there, and my 'Keep calm' mug is being put to use at work today. As for my Ryan Gosling colouring book... every girl should have one! (Thank you H)


Steve and I decided rather than gifts this year we would have a night away, so we bought each other a night at the Crazy Bear hotel in Beconsfield. It is a hotel I have always wanted to visit. It is not far from us, but I had never got the chance to go there before. It is unusual in the way that the décor is... crazy! it is opulence personified, everything is extravagant, studs and crystals everywhere. Our room was Gothic, yes that is a copper bath at the end of the bed, it fills from a hole in the ceiling, and the walls are covered in velvet. I know this would not be everyone's cup of tea, and I don't think I would decorate my own bedroom this way but it was so fun to stay in for the night.

 We had afternoon tea, and dinner in the Thai restaurant and champagne breakfast in the room the next morning. It was a lovely decadent way to spend our birthday night (and yes I totally had a bath!)
Yesterday was my Mum's Birthday so we popped over for Chinese takeaway, and of course share the photos from the hotel. 

I had such a lovely birthday weekend, surrounded by friends and family, I am a super lucky, and spoilt 31 year old. It makes getting one year older well worth it.

Sammy xxx