Live it: Party like a Barbie Doll!

For the last few months my 'make it' time has been dedicated to everything Black White and Barbie pink. This is the year that most of my friends as well as myself have done or will be turning thirty, none of us with more glamour and sparkle than our friend Kelly.
When Kelly came to me last year with the plans for her big 30, with the words 'Barbie' and 'bigger than her wedding' I knew this was going to be fun! After almost a year in the planning last Sunday was the big day, and if I do say so myself it was by far the party of the year! Everyone who came made such a great effort with costumes and was really up for a good night.  We headed over to Foxhills Resort in Surrey in the early afternoon to start setting up.

From the giant rose covered 'K' to the matching table centre trees Barbie pink is a colour I'm not going to miss using for a while. Black and white striped table clothes with bows and delicious confetti. The 30 Balloons and a star balloon arch were provided by Lynn of Linley Enterprises.

Cute little 'Kelly' banners adorned the serving desks and net sashes and' Kelly' sign at the bar. Glammed up sweetie jars beside the dance floor filled with yummy goodies.



This amazing cake I cannot take credit for, was created to Kelly's design by Catherine of  Catherine's Cakes and it was YUMMY!
 

Kelly's 30 sucks lolly pop display was very popular!

No self respecting theme party would have ladies and gents bathrooms, we had Barbie's and Ken's rooms!
Kelly herself was responsible for the life size Barbie box, which was a massive hit with all the guests.

 A gorgeous little display of Kelly through her 30 years

This Amazing Pink chocolate fountain was provided by Annee of Chocolate Tickly Treats
and Cheese boards provided by the resort.

We all had an amazing night, I want to say thank you to H, Verity, Steve Claire and Katie for helping me set up all the decorations, and to Kelly for letting me help her with such a fun project.
Here are some pics of the night itself, H and I having our moment in the Box, Verity and Paul helping themselves to the fountain.


The Birthday girl in her Barbie box, Me and H looking gorgeous. Popular opinion says that I should always wear my glasses and that H needs to wear red lipstick everyday!
Myself, Fashion designer Barbie, My Husband Steve, Heavy Metal Ken, H, Vintage Barbie and Disco Barbie Katie!

Most importantly Kelly had a lovely evening surrounded by family and friends as she turned 30 in true Barbie style!
Living it, Loving it, Making it in Barbie Pink!
Sammy xxx