Love it: Illustration

Illustration has to be one of my favourite artistic genres.  It is beautifully diverse and encompasses so many different techniques and skills. 'Illustration' is traditionally used for books, magazines and print copy, but are often beautiful works of art in their own right.
I have a couple favourite artists right now and recently I have discovered a few new crushes.


Katie Rodgers is the artist behind the blog Paper Fashion and has been commissioned by some of the best designers around including  Kate Spade, Coach, Alicia Keys, Stuart Weitzman, Paul Mitchell, Target, Nabisco, and Lucky Magazine among others. Her Fashion watercolours are just stunning, she also uses textural touches like glitter, crystals and tulle to embellish her work. You can view her work and sketches on her blog and shop her originals and prints here too.



Esra is a freelance artist based in Oslo, I found her work whilst searching Instagram and fell in love. Her dreamy watercolours in rainbow tones are beautiful. You can purchase her work at her on-line shop. Her newest skull paintings are Amazing!
She has worked with Vogue (China), Nylon Mag, Levi's, Nike and Glamour to name a few.



I found Ella Masters through her blog. A self confessed creator of pretty things and novelty jumper collector, she is a young talent who is destined for great things.  I simply adore her tattoo'd men with their burly beards! You can buy her pieces through her Etsy store and her blog


An illusive artist who goes by Mr Peebles, is a new discovery of mine but I already own one of his prints, 'Keeping it reel' is up at my shop, just too cute for words. I know H is a fan of this guy too as she was literally jumping up and down when she got 'Owl Capone' in her goodie bag from the 'We Make London' party we went to a few weeks back.
You can find his work through his website and through independent stockists worldwide, as well as currently in the We Make London Pop up shop in Camden Lock Market.




This is illustration on another level. Yulia, aside from being an amazing artist with conventional materials, she is a paper quilling WIZARD! The first image is one of her traditional works but the other three are all created with thin strips of coloured paper, painstakingly curled and pinched to create these amazing images. I love her use of negative space, her use of colour and typography. Yulia has created commissions for some of the worlds largest corporations and publications including Starbucks, Westfield, Orange, Cadbury, Time Out London and the New York Times magazine. If you only click one link today make it this one and check out her website to see soooo many more of her beautiful works.

I hope that this has inspired you to search for some artist that you admire and to check out more works from these super talented lot. Tell me about your favourites, I would love to check them out.

I'm off to get my quilling supplies out of my mums loft!
Sammy xxx