Live it: H's blue mad life


That's it, January is soon to be over! But wait this is not one of those beat the blues posts, this is all about my obsession with the colour blue!

As you may know by now I do love the colour blue, so much in fact that I have been known to buy notebooks, boxes or even seem rippers in the colour blue rather than any other colour.  Even saying 'oh well if it was in blue I would have it'.  I just love it as it makes me happy, there are lots of versions of it and as a very pale and blonde girl, it suits me.  So all round a good colour for me.

I am trying to move on, I buy green and purple things now too, but apparently that doesn't count as they are from the same side of the spectrum! Humph

So I thought it would be nice to show off some of my Blue to get everyone out of those January Blues and into well, just February!  I guess it would be red February with Valentines day and everything, but it just doesn't seem the same and anyway back to the blue.

So, first up is the flower you can see at the top of this post.  It was given to me by a friend way back at University as she knew how much I loved blue.  If that isn't special I don't know what is.  Throughout the different houses and different towns I have lived in since then, it has always come with me to cheer me up, so that really sums up the cheering up from the January blues hey!

Next is a new thing in my life, dresses!  It has been a few years now, but I still find it amazing that I wear them.  Even some of my friends who I don't see as often, still get a shock!  I used to be the girl ' most likely to me wearing jeans and trainers' and then I moved to London, lost a bit of weight and realised that no one cares if I wear a dress or not, its just ME who feels like they do!  So these are a couple of my current favourites.  The first one is from a shop in London which became one of my favourites, Joy.  Then the second dress is from a lovely shop in Reading called Frock & Roll which has been a recent purchase and I just had to have it after seeing it on their Facebook page!

Then of course I have to have a bag to match and a bit of green got in here!  It was a total bargain from Primark and just manages to get enough in it for a night away - I am the queen of packing the smallest amount I need, just so I don't have to carry much!  I love that its a bowling bag, but it also has a big old over the shoulder strap for free hands.

and of course, just like I was talking about it above, I have a pen that looks like a pencil, this was picked up in the shop at my work, The Lightbox.  I thought that it was such a cool idea and as a creative person, it was the best present I could give myself and so I had to have it in Blue!

One more thing before I go is that even my duvet covers have to have blue, all of them have blue in them, this one is the only one that has other colours in it! 

I get the feeling after seeing all these things that I do need to buy other colours, but it does help me with shopping as I can focus on colour and shape rather than all the colours and shapes.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it I guess!  I hope you have enjoyed a little bit of my blue mad life and it has cheered you up if you have the blues.  What's your favourite colour?  Does it make you happy?  Comment below and I can find out if I am the only mad one out there!

Love it
H