Live it: Art on the Street, May 2012

WARNING: What follows is an gratuitous collection of images showing off the Amazing talents of the people Maidenhead and the surrounding area's. If you are not a fan of Gorgeous art, Happy towns folk, BMW's covered in chalk pen, Beautiful crafts and Talented musicians.... turn away now.

I am not ashamed to say that on Saturday 12th of May I was more than little overcome by the simply beautiful site of so many people on the High Street where I live and run my business! In fact it is bringing tears of pride to my eyes as I type. The whole Team that make up Art on the Street really outdid themselves and showed us all what a community working together can really do.
{although I'm not gonna lie, I know for a fact that an entire egg & dairy free Happy Cake was consumed in the making of this event}

For the first time Art on the Street had a Live music element, giving local musicians a chance to perform on the stage, at busking points all over the town and in the Nicholson's Centre

There were so many amazing artists to see, I have shown you a few of my favourites. Above is the work of the lovely Sherry, who also runs Fashion design workshops for kids aged 11-16.

Above is the work of one of A.O.T.S founders Harriet Brittaine. My photos do not do these justice, the colours were stunning!
 
These unusual pieces are by Wendy Earley, no ordinary paintings... they are inlaid with mirror pieces to reflect the light. I had a lovely chat with Wendy and she told me about Bucks Open Studios.
'Bucks Open Studios is the largest visual arts event in the county. In June every year over 500 artists and makers, in over 150 different venues across Buckinghamshire, open their studios and run exhibitions and events for the public to visit.' Definitely worth checking out!
Another artist who caught my eye was Terry Murphy, who was not at his pitch so sadly I didn't get a chance to have a chat, but his colourful abstract work was gorgeous!  definitely on my Christmas list.

Below are just some of the other lovely works on show!

One of the events sponsors is Claires Court school, who had an amazing collection of the students work on show, as well as running all sorts of workshops around the town and having lots of performers on the bill all day long!
It wasn't just our High Street that had been beatified for the day, the Craft Coops usual haunt, the old Waterstones unit in the Nicholson's Centre was bursting at the seams with ceramics and crafts and even more art. As well as being home to Happy Cakes Vintage Cafe and Claires Court free art workshops.
Bumped in to a few familiar faces too, one of our lovely customers Jenni of Pinkcostello had some of her Glass pieces on display with Emerald Gallery, which is definitely on my next places to visit list.

Above is the beautiful ceramics of Susan Day, who btw was the same Susan that taught me willow weaving back in march, this lady is a woman of many talents!

Promethean was not a company I was widely aware of except I knew my Husband had one of their interactive whiteboards at his office. But having had a go on these giant drawing screens... I want one, sooo much fun!

Official buskers in the Nicholson's Centre were joined by living statues.
 As I worked my way back out in to the High Street, I spied some familiar work, in the shape of colourful bunny rabbits and elephants at Buttercup Designs. Denise had left her space in her cousins capable hands while she attended a friends wedding, her pitch was looking super pretty!

If you came along, or if you follow me on Instagram {@samanthaclaridge}you will already know all about the epic-ness that was Art Car! it felt so wrong to write all over a pristine white BMW... but it felt sooooo good too!

 A few of our friends beat me to it.


Awesome weather, Awesome people, Awesome art, Awesome Art on the Street! We applaud you.

Love it
Sammy xxx